Monday, July 13, 2009

How do I prevent YouTube and other video hosting sites, from compressing the quality out of my videos?

Or what codecs can I use to make the Youtube compression ineffective toward destroying my video quality? I have a Mac OS X and the quality of the video is HD quality, sharp and rich in color at the time of upload to Youtube and other hosting sites.. but when they are through with it.. it always loses 50% of it's quality.. I have tried dozens of combinations in the export settings and nothing works.. You tube is not very helpful in it's suggestions either, and in spite of meeting their guidlines, it doesn't help.. I'm also interested in knowing if there are alternative hosting sites that won't compromise quality for quanity.. as Youtube has apparently decided to do.. All help is appreciated.. This link is a sample of what I'm talking about.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq4_aFEQ5...


The wavy lines are not wavy in the uploaded version, and while there are a lot of special effects, Youtube just mangles the visual sharp quality of this and all the video I submit.Thanks much in advance.

How do I prevent YouTube and other video hosting sites, from compressing the quality out of my videos?
it sure sucks what they did to your video... but they do it to all videos, if you want better presentation of your vids, you need to find a better place to host them.








Youtube is for the masses, not the discerning!
Reply:dont use them


No comments:

Post a Comment